Open Heaven 13 January 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Lessons From Elisha II
Open Heaven 13 January 2022 TOPIC: Lessons From Elisha II
MEMORISE: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. – Mark 10:44
READ: 2 Kings 3:11-12 (KJV)
11 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord, that we may enquire of the Lord by him? And one of the king of Israel’s servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
12 And Jehoshaphat said, The word of the Lord is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 38-40
Open Heaven 13 January 2022 MESSAGE:
Another quality which qualified Elisha for uncommon greatness is his devotion to serving the servant of God, Elijah. The Bible stated that Elisha poured water on Elijah’s hand (2 Kings 3:11). From this, it is clear that there are many blessings reserved for those who serve God’s servants. The bible says:
“He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward.” – Matthew 10:41
You can serve a man of God without getting paid directly; however, when that man of God says to you ‘God bless you’, he is not just paying you compliments. A casual ‘God bless’ from a friend does not carry the power that the same word from a man of God would. The words ‘God bless you’ from a man of God are loaded with prophetic blessings. You must therefore be ready to do something that will qualify you for a divine blessing.
When you serve a man of God, a simple ‘God bless you’ will load you with tremendous miracle. Sometimes ago, one of my sons-in-the-lord shared a testimony of how he was mightily blessed simply by driving me during one of my visits to the United States of America. He said of me “When he was finally leaving, he simply said ‘God bless you’. To the glory of God, I passed my exam in flying colours, got a new job and prospered tremendously”.
When Elijah asked to know what Elisha wanted, the latter had only one answer. A double portion of the power of Elijah. Elisha asked for what he would use for God’s work, and we see in our Bible reading today, God blessed him so much that kings were seeking his help. The Bible says “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33). You are not ready for uncommon greatness until you have settled the issue of your involvement in and commitment to Kingdom business. May the Lord give you the grace to work for Him and with His anointed ministers selflessly from today, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 13 January 2022 ACTION POINT:
Think of what you can do to extend the frontiers of God’s Kingdom on earth, today and move into immediate action.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 13 January 2022 HYMN 8: I Am Pressing On The Upward Way
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining ev’ry day;
Still praying as I’m onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith, on heaven’s tableland;
Where love, and joy, and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found,
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the flight,
My song, while climbing, shall resound,
Lord, lead me on to higher ground
5. Lord, lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 3: THURSDAY 13TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: GENERAL THANKSGIVING (THE CHURCH, DADDY AND MUMMY G.O., PASTORS, etc)
BIBLE TEXT: EPHESIANS 5:20, PSALMS 103:1-END
Giving Thanks to God always for all things is a command in the Scriptures (Eph 5:20.). Expressing our gratitude to God for the wondrous things He does continually.
- Father, we Thank You for Your Mercy over Your Church generally, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 136:1
- Father, we Thank You for the Salvation of my soul and my family
members by Your Grace, in Jesus’ Name Ephesians 2:8.
- Father, we Thank You for Your Mercy endures forever over Your Church, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 136:4.
- Father, we Thank You for the Wonders You perform continually in Your Church all over the World, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 136:4.
- Father, we Thank You for Your Goodness and Mercy over Daddy and Mummy G.O. and their family in Jesus’ Name
- Father, we Thank You for Your Mercy endures over Daddy and Mummy G.O. and their family, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, we Thank You for renewing Your mercies every morning over
Your Pastors and their families, in Jesus’ Name. Lamentations 3:22.
- Father, we Thank You for divers Healings that were testified to in Your Church last year, in Jesus’ Name. Exodus 15:26
- Father, we Thank You for the sanctification of Your Church in Jesus’ Name. 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- Father, we Thank You for the expansion of Your Church all over the world, in Jesus’ Name.
- Father, we Thank You for Divine Protection and Provision for Daddy and Mummy G.O. and the family last year, in Jesus’ Name. Genesis 47:12.
- Father, we Thank You for Divine Provisions that Pastors enjoyed last year, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 121:2
- Father, we Thank You for divers deliverance among the congregations last year in, Jesus’ Name. Psalms 121:7.
- Father, we Thank You for outpouring of the Spirit of Revelation and Wisdom over Your Church, in Jesus’ Name. Ephesians 1:17.
- Father, we Thank You for always giving Daddy and Mummy G.O. journey mercies, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 121:8.
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.