Open Heaven 14 January 2022 Friday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Lessons From Elisha III
Open Heaven 14 January 2022 TOPIC: Lessons From Elisha III
MEMORISE: But godliness with contentment is great gain. – 1 Timothy 6:6
READ: 1 Timothy 6:1-6 (KJV)
1 Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
2 And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 41-42
Open Heaven 14 January 2022 MESSAGE:
Today, we shall look at some more lessons we can draw from the life and times of prophet Elisha. The first one is based on today’s memory verse, which says, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1 Timothy 6:6. Elisha was a contented man of God. He understood true prosperity according to Proverbs 23:5 which says that worldly riches are temporary and fly away as an eagle toward heaven, Elisha had total consecration and was not given to materialism. This was attested to by his refusal to exchange his double anointing for the gift brought by Naaman after the latter was healed of leprosy (2 kings 5:16,26). One striking virtue of Elisha that we must imbibe is his heart of sincere service. This was so obvious that it was well known in Israel. Little wonder that when King Jehoshaphat was looking for a genuine prophet to consult, one of his servants testified of Elisha thus:
“But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord, that we may enquire of the Lord by him? And one of the king of Israel’s servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.” – 2 Kings 3:11
Elisha was forward-looking. He didn’t allow the present to blur the view of his future. He left a lucrative farming business to become a famous national prophet. Many are so short-sighted, like Esau who sold his birthright for a plate of pottage (Genesis 25:29-35). The cumulative virtue of Elisha made him become a man of a double-portion anointing. He performed miracles – double of what his master Elijah performed. For example, he raised two dead people whereas his master raised one. May the Lord make us disciples of a double-portion anointing, so that we may do greater works that Christ did, in Jesus’ name (John 14:12).
Open Heaven 14 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me a heart of genuine service and fill me with the Holy Spirit so I can do exploit for you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 14 January 2022 HYMN 13: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
3. His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 4: FRIDAY 14TH OF JANUARY, 2022
TOPIC: THANKSGIVING FOR PAST HOLY GHOST CONGRESS (HGC), CONVENTIONS AND OTHER PROGRAMS.
BIBLE TEXT: Psalms 101:1; Psalms 136:1-END.
Let us express our gratitude with dancing and singing for wonders that God has performed in the midst of His people whenever we gather to seek his face in any of the past Holy Ghost Congresses (HGCs), Conventions and monthly Holy Ghost Services.
1. Father, we Thank You for establishing Holy Ghost Congress, Conventionand other Programs in RCCG, in Jesus’ Name.
2. Father, we Thank You for souls that were saved in the last HGCs, Convention and other Programs in RCCG, in Jesus’ Name. Luke 15:10
3. Father, we Thank You for the privilege to gather unto You in any of the past HGCs, Conventions and other Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Zephaniah 1:7
4. Father, we Thank You for Your presence anytime we gather at any of these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 68:8
5. Father; we Thank You for making provision for all our past HGCs, Conventions, and other Programs in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 132:15
6. Father, we Thank You for showing us mercy in all of these past Programs,in Jesus’ Name. Genesis 39:21
7. Father, we Thank You for inspiration that transformed lives in these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Ephesians 1:17
8. Father, we Thank You for the multitudes of Your Mercies that brought deliverance to millions of people in these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Psalms 5:7
9. Father, we Thank You for Your great mercy that convert sinners in large numbers at our past Programs in Jesus’ Name. 1 Chronicles 16:23
10. Father, we Thank You for the fire on our Prayer Altars during past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Leviticus 1:7
11. Father, we Thank You for the Secrets of Kingdom Prosperity that were expounded to us in the past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Deuteronomy 29:29
12. Father, we Thank You for multitude of barren that became fruitful during past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Exodus 23:26
13. Father, we Thank You for transformation of millions of lives through these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Romans 12:2
14. Father, we Thank You for renewing the oil upon Daddy G.O. and other Ministers you used in these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name.
15. Father, we Thank You for numerous Testimonies that emanated from these past Programs, in Jesus’ Name. Acts 8:6-8
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.