Open Heaven 15 January 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The God Of Wonders
Open Heaven 15 January 2022 TOPIC: The God Of Wonders
MEMORISE: Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? – Isaiah 66:1
READ: John 1:1-3,14 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 43-45
Open Heaven 15 January 2022 MESSAGE:
The word ‘wonder could be rightly considered as an apt description of God. Our God is full of wonders. At creation we saw how God brought order out of a chaotic situation. The Bible says:
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light and there was light.” – Genesis 1:2-3.
The above Scripture gives assurance of peace to anyone who would come to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. In our memory verse today, we read that God is so magnificent that the entire heaven is His throne while, as large as the earth is, it is merely His footstool. This is to tell us that no matter how big our challenges are, God is bigger than them all, as a songwriter affirms.
Another area of the wonders of God is found in our Bible text of today. God is an eternal Personality playing different roles. He is the Word with God and at the same time He is God. In a nutshell, God is the Word and the Word is God. The implication of this reality is that whoever trivializes the Word of God trivializes God Himself. Jesus Christ said, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; he flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” John 6:63). Moreover, because the Word is powerful, if we abide in him, our lives would be transformed and we would be Victorious. The Centurion in Matthew 8:5-13 understood this and took advantage of his knowledge of this truth when he requested that Jesus Christ should merely speak the Word to his servant’s situation for healing.
“The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.” – Matthew 8:8.
The God of wonders is alive to deal with your situation and give you pleasant wonders as we journey through year 2022. Go ahead and praise the God of wonders right now.
Open Heaven 15 January 2022 PRAYER POINT:
Father, please perform Your wonders in my life today, in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 15 January 2022 HYMN 16: O God Our Help In Ages Past
1. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home:
2. Under the shadow of your throne
your saints have dwelt secure;
sufficient is your arm alone,
and our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received its frame,
from everlasting you are God,
to endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in your sight
are like an evening gone,
short as the watch that ends the night
before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
soon bears us all away;
we fly forgotten, as a dream
dies at the op’ning day.
6. O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
still be our guard while troubles last,
and our eternal home!
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 5 – SAT, JAN 15TH, 2022
THANKSGIVING TO GOD: RCCG IS 70.
BIBLE TEXT: Psa 95:1-5, 118:24, Col 3:15-17, 1Chro 29:13, 16:34,
To God be the glory, the Redeemed Christian Church of God is grateful for God’s goodness and faithfulness since the past 70 years, we thank God for all he has done for the church.
- Father, we thank you for been our help in ages past and our hope for years to come.
- Father, we thank you for permitting us to sing and make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. For our Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods in Jesus name. Psa 95:1-3
- Father, we thank you because you are good and your mercy endures forever, in all our parishes, Area Zones, Provinces and Regions in RCCG, in Jesus name. Psa 136:1-3
- Father, thank you because it is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name for you have been truthfully good to us as a church, Psa 92:1-3.
- Father thank you for allowing us enter into your gates with thanksgiving and your courts with praise, in Jesus name. Psa 100:4
- Father; we give thanks and praise your name for your unfailing love and wonderful deeds in RCCG in Jesus name. Psa 100:4
- Father, we thank you for the priceless gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus that made us the righteousness of God in Christ. 2Cor 5:21
- Father, we thank you because, you are the strength and shield of RCCG from the beginning till date. Psa 28:7
- Father, we thank you because you have put joy in our hearts as a church for these years. Psa 4:7
- Father, we thank you, because of divine enlargement of RCCG in nations all over the world, Isa 9:3
- Father, we thank you, for choosing your son and his entire family, Pastor Josiah Akindayomi as vessels of honour for the establishment of this great church- RCCG. Mat 16:18
- Father, we thank you for the life of your son, Past E. A Adeboye and his family for the expansion of your work and kingdom in RCCG – 2Cor 9:15, Isa 6:8, Luk 8:10
- Father, we thank you for not allowing the gate of hell to prevail over your Church. RCCG. Mat 16:18
- Father, we thank you for frustrating every devices of the enemy against your Church. Job 5:12
- Father, we thank you for all your goodness and mercies we have enjoyed as a church for past 70 years. We confess, it has been you and you alone.
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.