Open Heaven 12 January 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Lessons From Elisha I
Open Heaven 12 January 2022 TOPIC: Lessons From Elisha I
MEMORISE: Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. – Proverbs 22:29
READ: 1 Kings 19:15-21 (KJV)
15 And the Lord said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:
16 And Jehu the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint to be king over Israel: and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abelmeholah shalt thou anoint to be prophet in thy room.
17 And it shall come to pass, that him that escapeth the sword of Hazael shall Jehu slay: and him that escapeth from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha slay.
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
19 So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him.
20 And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee?
21 And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 35-37
Open Heaven 12 January 2022 MESSAGE:
We can learn many lessons from the life and times of Elisha – the successor to the great Prophet Elijah. In the next few days, we shall consider some of these lessons, and we will start with ‘diligence’ today. For example, we see that Elisha – a prosperous farmer’s son, was working alongside his father’s employees when Elijah met him. He could have refrained from joining the workers, but he worked with them because he was a diligent man. To excel physically in your endeavors, you must be diligent (Proverbs 22:19); likewise, to excel spiritually, you must seek the Lord diligently (Hebrews 11:6).
Another lesson we can learn from Elisha is ‘good leadership’. As successful as he was, he was in the field with the hirelings, ploughing in his father’s farm (1 Kings 19:19). He was a leader by example – not a sit-at-home leader who issues commands while he himself would not lift a finger to do anything. To lead is to serve, according to the injunction of our Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 20:27. He was diligently doing his business when he received the call to the office of a prophet. Children of God should not be idling away in the name of a call that could be for a set time – they must be found busy doing legitimate business because the Lord does not call mediocre. Moreover, Elisha did not allow his call to becloud his obligation to honor his father before resuming at his divine post as a son of the prophet (1 kings 19:20). This confirms with the Scripture that says, “Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.” (Exodus 20:12).
It is a dangerous thing to fail in honoring our parents under the guise of either a new-found faith or calling in the ministry. I will forever be grateful to God who gave me the opportunity to honor my mother while she was still alive and I received a lifetime blessing from her. Beloved, let us take note of these lessons as we continue to examine the life and times of Elisha the prophet.
Open Heaven 12 January 2022 ACTION POINT:
Take time to study Prophet Elisha on your own and it will surprise you how many lessons the Holy Spirit will teach you.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 12 January 2022 HYMN 3: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
Day 2: Wednesday 12th Of January, 2022
Topic: Quality Praises To The Almighty God
Bible Text: Psalm 18:49
Quality praise means to make excellent recommendation about the wonders of our God in creation of the heaven and the earth. And for Him who has all power over every siege in our lives.
- Father, we offer praises to You for the wonder of creating the heavens, the earth and its fullness in Jesus name. Luk 19:37
- Father, we offer praises to You for the Your marvelous works in heaven and on earth in Jesus name. Luk 19:37
- Father, we praise your name for your mercy upon all nations of the world in Jesus name. Psalm 118: 1
- Father, we praise your name for victories you have given to your church over the enemies globally in Jesus name. Act 4:13
- Father, we praise you for your divine judgement against the enemies of our nation in Jesus name. Psa 9: 11
- Father, I praise your name for the salvation of my soul in Jesus name. Psa 18: 49
- Father, we praise you because you inhabit the praise of your people in Jesus name. Psa 22: 3
- Father, I praise your name, for the great deliverance you gave to me and my family in Jesus name. Psa 18: 50
- Father, I praise you for your name that is above every other name in Jesus name. Psa 68: 4
- Father, we praise you for your divine protection upon believers globally in Jesus name.
- Father, I praise you because you have lifted my head above the enemies that surround me in Jesus name. Psa 27:6
- Father be praised for frustrating every counsel of the wicked against believers globally in Jesus name. Psa 68: 1
- Father, be praised forever because you reigneth over the heathen and sited upon the throne of Holiness in Jesus name. Psa 47: 8
- Father, we praise you for your timely intervention in rescuing believers that are under the siege of the enemies globally in Jesus name. Psa. 56:12
- Father, we praise you on behalf of all families of the earth because you control the times and season in Jesus name
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.