Open Heaven 14 November 2020 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Hold No Grudges
Topic: Hold No Grudges (Open Heaven 14 November 2020)
Memorise: For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: – Matthew 6:14
Read: Matthew 18:23-35 (KJV)
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
Bible In One Year: Luke 24, John 20-21
A person holding grudge can be likened to one consuming poison yet expecting another fellow to die in his/her stead. When you hold a grudge against someone, you are killing yourself gradually. When you refuse to forgive someone who wronged you, you have only opened the door to hurt and more hurt. While the fellow on the other hand may be living his/her life in peace, you keep hurting each time you see or remember him/her.
Many people have died of hypertension because they refused to forgive someone who offended them. It is for your own good that you forgive that fellow who offended you. Don’t give anyone a license to keep hurting you; let it go.
From our Bible reading and memory verse of today, it is evident that whenever someone is holding a grudge against another, God will bypass the offender and refuse to forgive the one holding the grudge. Imagine going to hell just because you refused to forgive someone who offended you, only for that fellow to repent and end up in Heaven. Luke 6:37 tells us that if you condemn someone, God will condemn you too. James 2:12-13 says:
“So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.”
God will neither answer the prayer nor accept the gift of anyone living in unforgiveness because the sacrifice of a sinner is an abomination to Him (Proverbs 15:8). God wants you to forgive everyone who has offended you, because only then would you obtain mercy from Him.
“And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.” Mark 11:25
Forgive anyone who has offended you today, then pray for them. Blessing them also as you do.
Hymn 5: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus
- Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
- Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
- Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
- Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
- Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 12: SATURDAY 14TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: HIDDEN COVENANT AND SECRET HOLDING OUR NATIONS IN BOND.
BIBLE TEXT(S): EXODUS 1:8-10, EST 3:3-11, Exodus 1:11-15
Israelites were yoked and afflicted with burdens by the task masters because of an evil counsel by a cabal. The faith of the Jews in Shusan were also sealed unto death in a secret covenant. But in all these; God arose.
- Father; we worship you; You are the all-knowing God. The Omniscient Dan 2; 22
- Father we thank you and know that nothing is hidden from you. Heb 4:13
- Father we thank you and know that nothing too hard for thee. The problem of Nigeria is not too difficult to solve. Jer 32:27
- Father; for the groaning of the masses, arise for the help on this nation. Exo 2:24
- Father; Expose and dispose every hidden secret that is working against peace and prosperity of this nation.
- Let brethren join hands and pray fervently in spirit and in understanding that;
- Every evil covenant enacted in a secret coven designed to rubbish the glory of your people be broken by the power in the name of Jesus.
- As God intervene in Egypt by letting His people go, So the Lord will intervene in this nation and set the people free from bondage of secret and evil covenant In Jesus name
- Let us plead the blood of Jesus to counter every evil agenda of the wicked causing the shedding of human blood in our nation
- Let us cry for mercy. God have mercy over us and our land. We are tired of famine in our nation.
- Father; expose, dispose and destroy every agent of destabilizations in our nation’s politics and governance
- Father we release spirit of error into the camp of cabal manipulating the destiny of this nation to their evil and selfish agenda
- Father; destroy the power of witchcraft at work in every sector of politics and governance in Jesus name
- Let us plead for mercy for the killings and reckless wastages of human lives going on in nations of the earth
- Let us plead the blood of Jesus for the cleansing of the nations of the earth
- Father; as many that are behind the shedding of innocent blood in anyway, bring them to judgement in Jesus name.
- Father please solve the problems of this nation in your own way
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.