Open Heaven 21 January 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Children of God are Peacemakers II
Topic: Children of God are Peacemakers II (Open Heaven 21 January 2020)
Memorise: “Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.” – Romans 14:19
Read: Romans 14:17-19 (KJV)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Bible in One Year: Genesis 27-29
Open Heaven 21 January 2020 Tuesday MESSAGE:
When there is a dispute going on around you, there are three lines of action you can take: You can stay out of it, take sides or make peace between the quarrelling parties. God expects His children to pick the option of making peace at all times. When you are known as a Christian, people respect and trust your judgment. Hence it would be of great effect if you attempt to make peace between quarreling parties. Your involvement can avert a lot of things like a full-blown fight, a long period of malice or an unresolved disagreement. If getting involved to make peace can have this effect, why be indifferent?
You could even be the one involved in a quarrel. At such times, I implore you to always choose the side of peace. Always look for a way in which both yourself and the other party can settle the matter amicably or peacefully. This may be difficult to do as it may result in you forgoing some benefits so as to let peace reign, but then it is the right thing to do.
Imagine walking by the road and you see me arguing violently with someone. If you know me very well, you are likely to conclude that it is just a look alike, and can’t be me. But if it happens to be me, then you would be greatly disappointed by my behaviour. That is how baby Christians and unbelievers look at you too. They believe that as a Christian, you should act like Christ and He is not quarrelsome. Rather, He commanded that we should love our enemies (Luke 6:35). By quarrelling, you show the world a wrong example of how a Christian should behave and God forbid that they carry on with that. Many people have decided against becoming saved because of how they saw some so-called Christians conduct themselves. Don’t deter someone else’s salvation. Fighting for your right can never be worth as much as a person’s soul. Paul said in Romans 14:21:
“It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.”
Choose to be a peacemaker today.
Open Heaven 21 January 2020 Tuesday Key Point:
God wants you to be a peacemaker at all times.
Hymn 27: Take My Life, And Let It Be
1 Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2 Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3 Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
4 Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5 Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6 Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: SATURDAY 21ST OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 11: PRAYER FOR SPIRIT OF OBEDIENCE, TEXT: Jer 10:24, Psa 38:1
- Praise and worship God for Who He is. Isa 44:6
- Let us thank God for His marvelous works on the earth. Psa 40:5
- Let us thank God for His mercy and goodness in our life and family. Psa 23:6
- Let us thank God for His goodness and mercy in His church. Psa 23:6
- Let us thank God for the Bible, the written word of God which is the manual for our soul. 2Tim 3:15-17
- Let us thank God for divine guidelines and instructions for our well-being which are contained in the bible for us to obey. 2Tim 2:16
- Father, be merciful unto us for all our acts of disobedience
- Father, please give us a willing heart to obey your command to go and win souls
- Father, teach us to number our days so that we may rightly apply our heart to your wisdom. Psa 90:12
- Father, do not give up on us, but deal with us according to your mercy and compassion. Jer 10:24
- Father, direct our paths to fulfill your counsel so that we can eat the goods of this land(Put your country). Isa 1:19
- Father, please speak to us in the language we can always understand so that we can know exactly what you want us to do.
- Father, Guide our heart right, to discern the voice of strangers and not to obey them. John 10: 3-5
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.