Open Heaven 27 January 2020 Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Word or The World?
Topic: The Word or The World? (Open Heaven 27 January 2020)
Memorise: “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.” – Colossians 3:16
Read: 1 John 2:14-17 (KJV)
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
Bible in One Year: Genesis 43-45
Open Heaven 27 January 2020 Monday MESSAGE:
People are naturally influenced by what they constantly see or hear. Thus, every Christian is at the risk of being influenced by the world around them. This is why we must always remember that though we are in this world, we are not of it (John 15:19). Our major influence should be the word of God. Romans 12:2 states:
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
The above passage warns us against being influenced by the world. It counsels that our minds must be constantly renewed so that we can do the will of God which is clearly written in His word.
How often do you read your Bible? If you don’t read your Bible at least in the morning and evening, it is likely that you are already being influenced by the world. This is because something you don’t interact with regularly cannot have more influence on you than that which you relate with frequently. You must read your Bible daily. You must also ensure that you memorize and meditate on a scripture daily.
Many Christians today live like the world around them: they hardly pray before making decisions, even though Proverbs 3:5-6 says you should not lean on your own understanding, but acknowledge Him in ALL your ways. They ignore the poor and hungry even through Matthew 25:45 says that not showing care for the hungry and destitute translates to not showing care for Christ. They walk around with high shoulders because of their leadership position or wealth, whereas our Master washed the feet of His disciples and even said whoever will lead amongst us must be the servant of everyone else. What really influences you- is it the word of God or the world? If the word of God has any influence on you, it would show in your lifestyle. You wouldn’t need to tell people that you are a Christian before they know that indeed you are a child of God.
Open Heaven 27 January 2020 Monday Reflection:
What influences your daily decisions – is it the word of God or the world?
Hymn 4: Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine.
1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: MONDAY 27TH OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 17: PRAY FOR THE YOUTHS, TEXT: 1Tim 4:12, Psa 119:9, Isa 40:29-31. Youth is the part of life following childhood, and the period of existence preceding maturity, the whole early part of life from childhood or infancy to adulthood. The devil is on rampage to destroy the lives of these young ones, the church needs to arise and cry to God for their liberation and restoration.
- Father; thank you for all the youths in the nations of the world, and in the RCCG especially.
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for your mercy over all the youths in the RCCG, and in my nation.
- Father in the name of Jesus, deliver the youths from evil imagination, Jer 3:17.
- Father in the name of Jesus, equip all our youths for positive and progressive assignment. Eph 6:11-13
- Father in the name of Jesus, put the fear of the Lord in the heart of all our youths and make them as bold as a Lion. Prov.28:1, 1Ki 18:12b
- Father in the name of Jesus, deliver the youth from sudden death Psa 89:45, Job 36:14.
- Father in the name of Jesus, remember not the sins of our youth, nor our transgressions. Psa 25:7
- Father in the name of Jesus, guide all our youths from their mother’s womb. Job 31:18, Jer 3:4.
- Father in the name of Jesus, teach our youths your ways from their youth. Psa 71:17
- Father in the name of Jesus, satisfy the mouth of the youths with good things, and renew them like the eagles. Psa 103:5
- Father in the name of Jesus, may the enemy of destiny never prevail over our youths. Psa 129:2
- Father in the name of Jesus, make our youths as plants grown up, as corner- stones, polished after the similitude of a palace. Psa 144:12
- Father in the name of Jesus, make all our youths not to forget your covenant. Prov. 2:17, Eze. 16:60
- Father in the name of Jesus, terminate shame and foolishness from the life of all our youths. Isa. 54:4
- Father in the name of Jesus, deliver our youths from the negative influence of social media.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.