Open Heaven 30 January 2020 Thursday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Love What God Loves
Topic: Love What God Loves (Open Heaven 30 January 2020)
Memorise: “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.” – I John 5:3
Read: I John 5:3 (KJV)
1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 1-3
Open Heaven 30 January 2020 Thursday MESSAGE:
There is a popular saying that the friend of my friend is my friend. If God is your friend, then you would love anyone or anything He loves. For example, God loves children. He likes having them around Him (Matthew 19:14) and He ensures that their angels stand face to face with Him (Matthew 18:10). I hope you love children too, because if you are always mean to children or you are indifferent when others are mean to them, then you cannot claim to love God.
So what are the things God loves? He loves fellowship. When Jesus was to start His ministry on earth, one of the first things He did was to appoint disciples to keep Him company (Mark 3:14-19). He said whenever two or three are gathered in His name, He will be present (Matthew 18:20). He loves it when we come together to fellowship. Are you excited when it is time to fellowship or are you reluctant to spend time with the brethren? One reason God loved David is found in Psalm 122:1:
“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
He was always excited to attend Church meetings. Are you excited whenever it is time to go to Church? Are you one of those the Pastor has to follow-up closely before they are seen in Church? Make out time to enjoy fellowship with the brethren from today; God loves it.
God also loves all human beings dearly. He sent His only son to die for the world – not just the Jews or Christians alone. Some people forget that their house help is also amongst the people that Jesus came to die for so much that He died for him/her. Jesus said that the second greatest commandment after loving God is to love your neighbour as yourself (Mark 12:31). Have you seen people in the scenarios described in Matthew 25:42-43 and ignored them?
If you truly love God, then you would love people around you.
Open Heaven 30 January 2020 Thursday Key Point:
In Matthew 25:41-46, we see that people were thrown into hell simply because they did not love who God loves. Love everything and everyone He loves.
Hymn 12: I Am Thine Oh Lord
1 I am thine, O Lord, I have heard thy voice,
and it told thy love to me;
but I long to rise in the arms of faith
and be closer drawn to thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to the cross where thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
to thy precious, bleeding side.
2 Consecrate me now to thy service, Lord,
by the power of grace divine;
let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
and my will be lost in thine.
3 O the pure delight of a single hour
that before thy throne I spend,
when I kneel in prayer, and with thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!
4 There are depths of love that I cannot know
till I cross the narrow sea;
there are heights of joy that I may not reach
till I rest in peace with thee.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: THURSDAY 30TH OF JANUARY, 2020
DAY 20: PRAYER FOR MINISTERS OF GOD. TEXT: 1Pet 5:3, 1Tim 2:7, 1:7, Num 3:3 & 6, Exo 40:13 & 15. Every minister of God needs encouragement and support in the place of prayer, we should engage ourselves in this warfare for our ministers by holding our hands throughout the prayer section and cry in unity to God for our ministers. A minister should lead this section.
- Father thank you for all the ministers of God in RCCG, all over the world and for your call over them.
- Father thank you for your mercies towards all the ministers of God in RCCG all over the world. Rom 9:14 &15
- Father in the name of Jesus, reveal yourself to all ministers in the RCCG all over the world on a daily basis for the divine assignment committed into their hands.
- Father in the name of Jesus, just as you anointed Jesus Christ with the Holy Ghost and power for the divine assignment, anoint all ministers in RCCG to fulfill their divine assignment. Acts 10:38
- Father in the name of Jesus, cover all the ministers with the blood of Jesus, and the fire of the Holy Ghost. Heb 12:29, Rev 12:11.
- Father in the name of Jesus, make all ministers in the RCCG flames of fire to burn for you and consume all the distraction that has been planted to obstruct the work of God in their hands. Psa 104:4, Heb 1:7
- Father in the name of Jesus makes all minister untouchable to the plan of the wicked one. Psa 105:15.
- Father in the name of Jesus, let the spirit of the Lord, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of God rest upon all the ministers. Isa 11:2
- Father in the name of Jesus, put in all ministers the spirit of meekness. Num 12:3, 1Tim 6:11.
- Father in the name of Jesus, deliver all ministers from satanic flood, weapons of the wicked, targeted against all ministers. Isa 54:17, Isa 59:19, 2 Tim 4:18
- Father, renew and refresh, your ministers so that they can run away from whatsoever would not allow them to discharge their duties and responsibilities, in Jesus name. Eze 36:27
- Father, every seed you have not planted into your church uproot in Jesus name. Matt 15:13.
- Father, every ungodly power that has penetrated to the position of authority in the church expose and disgrace them and if they fail to repent, uproot them, in Jesus name. Matt 7:15
- Father! Arise and frustrate every power of the enemies frustrating the efforts of our ministers in Jesus name.
- Father send help and encourage all your ministers worldwide in Jesus name.
- Friday 31st Jan 2020
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.