Open Heaven For Teens 23 November 2021: Where Are You?
TOPIC: Where Are You? [Open Heaven for Teens 23 November 2021]
MEMORISE: And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? Genesis 3:9
READ: Genesis 3:8-10
- And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
- And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
- And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 29-31, James 5:1-20
God put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with specific instructions. Their disobedience to God’s instructions made them hide from Him forgetting that:
“…the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth,” 2 Chronicles 16:9a
No one can hide from God. It’s not that God did not know where Adam was or what he had done, He only wanted him to confess his sin and be restored to his previous position. Beloved, where are you in the house of God today? How is your relationship with your Heavenly Father? If you are a worker in God’s vineyard, yet, have no relationship with Him, God is asking where are you? He wants you to rededicate your life to Him so that your labour in His house will not be in vain.
Service in God’s house without a relationship with Him is a waste of time.
HYMN: I Am Thine O Lord
- I am Thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
- Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
- Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
- There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.