The Principle And Power Of Love (Parts 3 & 4) By Pastor Paul Enenche
DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE (DIGC)
SUNDAY SERVICE –13TH SEPTEMBER 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): LUKE 10:25-37
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE PRINCIPLE AND POWER OF LOVE (PARTS 3 & 4)
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
- Understanding major principles of loving
- Understanding the way of love
RECAP OF LAST SUNDAY’S MESSAGE:
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Love is the nature and character of God because God is Love (1John 4:8)
- The earth was created by Love and is meant to be operated by love (1John 4:8; Gen. 1:1)
- Man was created in the image and likeness of Love to exist and function as a loving being (Gen. 1:27)
- The earth malfunctions because it attempts to function outside of its creative format.
- Man under-lives and miss-lives as he attempts to live outside his nature, the nature of love.
WHAT IS LOVE ALL ABOUT?
- Love is about treating others how you will love to be treated (Matt. 7:12)
- Love is about possessing a healthy consideration for the feelings, emotions and hurts of others. (Luke 10:25-37)
- Love is about the maintenance of goodwill and kindheartedness towards others (Luke 6:38; Gal. 6:1)
- Love is about adding to the joy and fulfilment in the lives of others
- Love is about making a positive difference in the lives of others
- Love is about doing good for others without expecting repayment or rewards in return
- Love is about interrupting your schedule or journey to pay attention to someone in need
- Love is about coming to the level of others, where necessary, in order to bring them up.
- Love is about the demonstration of concern and care for the welfare of others
You may not possess all the answers to the challenges of people but you may possess adequate concern to make a difference
People don’t care what you know until they know that you care – John Maxwell
9B. Love is about bringing healing to the hurting, it is bringing repair to the impaired.
- Love is about inconveniencing yourself for the convenience of others
People who are selfish never inconvenience themselves for the benefit of others
10B. Love is about interest and attention to the comfort of others
You may not have solution but at least show emotion; most people’s problems are half solved when they know that somebody cares.
- Love is about attending to the wounds of the wounded (Luke 10:34)
We live in a generation today of people who wound the wounded and reject the rejected
Be careful who you reject; there is unction for the rejected
Someone once said, the church is the only army in the world that shoots its wounded! From today, anytime you hear about someone’s challenge, try to pour oil on their wounds and bind them up
11B. Love is about embracing temporary risk for the safety of others
Those who take care are many but those who take risks for others are few
- Love is about investing your treasures and resources for the comfort and welfare of others (Prov. 21:20)
It may be spiritual, physical, financial or even time treasure
Oil in Scripture represents treasure (Prov. 21:20)
12B. Love is about sharing the valuables of our lives with others (Luke 10:34; Dan. 2:48-49)
There is no authentic love without sharing
In love we multiply the joys of others and divide the sorrows of others
There is love in sharing
The reason for riches is outreach; the reason for prosperity is generosity
In life, whatever you distribute multiplies
- Love is about changing the level for others; it is abouttaking them from where they are to where they need to be, spiritually and otherwise (Luke 10:34)
By virtue of love, you don’t leave people the way you met them as much as it is in your power
13B. Love is about enhancing the value of others
People are better, higher and enhanced because of you; that is love
The worst thing that can happen to you is when you are confronted is to be alone
Anywhere you step in, add value
- Love is about commitment to the outcome of people (Luke 10:35)
You are concerned about how things turn out for people
You are happy when things turn out right for other people
14B. Love is about interest in the future of people
CONCLUSION AND COUNSEL
- Love is not about the actions and reactions of people to your kindness, it is about the instructions and admonitions of the Almighty for your destiny and eternity. (Rom. 13:10)
It’s not a matter of what people do or don’t do or whether people deserve it or not, it’s a matter of the instructions given by God
If you follow people’s actions and reactions, you may never love anybody.
The devil will always send people to attack your love life
The world is filled with bad people but there are also very good people
- Start from where you are, with what you have and with what you can do. (Eccl. 11:4)
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name!
Father, we give You the praise, honour power and adoration. Father, we apply for the Oil upon our heads and minds today; we receive deliverance and rescue from the agenda of darkness, in Jesus’ Name.
- Jehovah is pouring Oil on the wounds of the wounded – He is pouring oil on emotions, minds and bodies
- God is opening something new in your life
- God is shifting your life and destiny to the next level
- God is giving you a reason to celebrate and a reason to be celebrated in this season
- Everything crooked in your life is being straightened now!
- Every area of your life where you were hurting, healing is released now in Jesus’ Name!