I’ve not been offered a new contract – Stephen Keshi

Embattled Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has said that the Nigerian Football Federation has not approached him to offer him a contract extension as the manager in charge of the nation’s national team.

The NFF earlier explained that they would meet on Tuesday to decide on the fate of the AFCON 2013 winning coach, if he would be asked to continue as the Eagles manager, which the NFF’s Technical Committee head, Felix Anyansi-Agwu,revealed that Keshi has already been approached and offered a contract.

The former Mali and Togo boss debunked this rumour, saying he’s unaware of their plans.

“Nobody has called me about any meeting or anything about a contract,” Keshi was quoted by SportingLife.

“I am not aware of anything of the sort. And no one has talked to me about a renewal of contract.

“As of now, no one has called me. Maybe later or tomorrow but for now, none has called me for any contract talks,” he said.

Keshi, whose contract expired after the Eagles were ousted at the Fifa world cup in Brazil last year, was asked to step down after he was unable to qualify Nigeria for the just concluded African Cup of Nations as a caretaker coach.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *