The Supremacy of Divine Wisdom! By Bishop David Oyedepo
Topic: The Supremacy of Divine Wisdom!
Welcome to another impactful week. I hope you were blessed by last week teaching. Today, we shall focus on: The Supremacy of Divine Wisdom!
According to scriptures, it is wisdom that gives value to every other force of life. For it is written: Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7). Thus, everything about us is dependent on wisdom. It is important to recognise that no matter how many things we have gotten, we must get understanding because that is what gives value to them. Moreover, every other kind of wisdom talks but it is only God’s wisdom that works! People speak big things but God’s wisdom gets big things done. For instance, while Peter was preaching in the house of Cornelius, the Holy Ghost fell on all that heard the Word. God’s wisdom does not only produce proofs, it establishes proofs. The Bible says: And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure
(Isaiah 33:6). This means that the wisdom of God stabilises destinies. Wisdom here connotes knowing the right way to go, the right steps to take and the right things to do. In John 6, Jesus was confronted with the challenge of feeding 5,000 people in the desert and the Bible records in verse 6 that He Himself knew what to do.
Furthermore, divine wisdom is knowing the scriptural way to go, the scriptural steps to take and the scriptural things to do at all times (Matthew 7:24). When we are operating by scriptural principles, we are supernaturally unbeatable and our victory becomes supernaturally established. This is because when we apply ourselves to these scriptural principles, we have committed God to step in. Furthermore, God’s wisdom is not expressed in mighty words but in mighty works. It is not the heaviness of our speech that shows we have wisdom but the heaviness of our proofs.
What are the Virtues of Divine Wisdom?
1. It Is From Above: This kind of wisdom is from above and according to scriptures, whatever is from above is above all (John 3:31). That implies that the wisdom from above is above all other types of wisdom and has proofs. In Genesis 41:39-40, Pharaoh said to Joseph: Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou. This is a proof that the wisdom from above is always above all. There was no comparing Joseph’s wisdom to another.
2. It Creates Solutions: Also, while all other kinds of wisdom strive to find answers to bugging questions, divine wisdom creates solutions. For instance, before creation, the earth was without form, dark, void and God’s wisdom came on the scene (Psalm 104:24; Proverbs 3:19). By this, a solution was created to the problem of darkness. This is because wisdom from above does not wait for solutions; it creates them. Undeniably, creation is the direct product of God’s wisdom in display. In other words, the episodes of Genesis 1:1-31 are about the tangibility of divine wisdom. We are not talking about common or intellectual sense; we are talking about divine wisdom that creates solutions to impossible situations. That is the wisdom that is available to us.
3. It Distinguishes Men Supernaturally: According to scriptures, God gave the four Hebrew men wisdom, skill in all learning and wisdom and they were found 10 times better than their colleagues (Daniel 1:9/17). Also, the Bible records concerning Solomon: And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore (1 Kings 4:29). The lives of these Bible characters help us to appreciate the superiority of divine wisdom. Solomon was said to be wiser than all the wisdom banks of his day (1 Kings 4:30-31).
4. It Can Calm Storms: This wisdom can calm storms as if they never existed. It can restore the total dignity of man as God originally intends it. For instance, Jesus calmed the storm and people exclaimed …What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him (Matthew 8:27). Divine wisdom can calm the storms in our homes, businesses and careers. It is eternally superior to any other wisdom. Crisis in our homes and finances is not a proof of wisdom because divine wisdom calms the storm. Divine wisdom orders the step to take to live a peaceable and quiet life. So, anywhere we see storm, let’s endeavour to ask for wisdom.
5. Heavenly Wisdom Is Reasoning With God: It is important to know that heavenly wisdom helps us to generate earthly impact through reasoning. People look at us and wonder, ‘Is this a human being?’ Remember, it is reasoning with God that confers on us the virtues of divine wisdom. When we are at the crossroads of life, always say ‘Lord, this is not what Your Word says. There must be a way out. Lord, where is this way out?’ (Isaiah 1:18).
In summary, if we see anything contrary in our lives, it is not divine wisdom because that wisdom terminates shame, reproach, lack and want. It guarantees long life, riches and it does not allow pressures. It helps us to appreciate where we are and enjoy it; not trying to live above our means thereby being under pressure. That wisdom exhibits peace and it makes the impossible happen wherever it is found (Proverbs 4:7-10). It does not allow us to remain in the same position. The wisdom of God promotes and gives long life, glory, honour and grace. When we begin to operate and live our lives by scriptural principles, no devil can stop us from being in command because God will always back us up. However, this can only be possible if you are born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer:
Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again! For further reading, please get my books: Walking in Wisdom, The Wisdom that Works and Winning Wisdom.
I invite you to fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/, Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin.
Bishop David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel.