Unveiling The Wonder Virtues In The Word! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Unveiling The Wonder Virtues In The Word!
Welcome to another exciting week! I believe you were blessed by the last teaching. Today, we shall focus on: Unveiling the Wonder Virtues in the Word!
We understand from Scriptures that a word from the Lord on any issue of life puts us in command of that issue. As it is written: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth (John 1:14). It takes a Word from the Lord to exercise authority (John 5:30). God’s Word is loaded with wonder genes, and when we are inoculated with them, we will begin to manifest the wonders that the Word carries. The Psalmist says: Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law (Psalm119:18). For instance, when you take a glass of water and ask a layman, “What is in that cup?” He will say, “It is water.” However, when you ask a chemistry student, he will likely tell you that it is a compound of hydrogen and oxygen in some percentages. That is because he has been given access to the knowledge of the chemical content of that colourless liquid. That is what the Word of God is like; it is loaded with some stuff and when the Holy Ghost leads us into them, we begin to experience the effect of those things in our lives. The Word of God has life; it is made up of genes, which energise the living capacity of the Word.
What are the Wonder Virtues in the Word?
- The Word is Illuminative: The Word has power to illuminate us and this empowers us to dominate darkness. When Jesus came, evil spirits fled at His appearance, because He carried light. Nothing threatens darkness like light. It is written: …All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world (John 1:1-4/9). The Word does not only enlighten us, we are also lighted by it. The Word of God is supernaturally illuminative. It has the capacity to illuminate us with divine light, so we can dominate every realm of darkness.
- God’s Word is Genetic: The Bible says: …the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life (John 6:63). God’s Word contains life-quickening genes. Anything living has genes within it. Thus, God’s Word has life genes. The Word was made flesh (John 1:14). This goes further to establish the fact that God’s Word carries genes within it. So, God’s Word is genetic, with the ability to transform the life of anyone that encounters it.
- God’s Word is Creative: When a Word from the Lord comes, it creates even what is not in existence. When God said, “Let there be light,” there was light. Everything God said, He saw. God’s Word is genetically creative; it can create brand new organs for the body. Whatever is not curable must be repairable and whatever is not repairable, must be replaceable. He said: …for I am the Lord that healeth thee (Exodus 15:26).
- God’s Word is Prophetic: Every Word from the Scriptures is prophetic, which means that it has an assurance of delivery. This is called the more sure Word of prophecy. When God’s Word of prophecy comes, its fulfilment is guaranteed (2 Peter 1:21-22). God said: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it(Isaiah 55:11). When God says a thing, His integrity backs it up. Any Word spoken by God to us is ordained for fulfilment because it is prophetic in nature, except we do not believe it.
- God’s Word is an Indestructible Seed: It takes the Word from God for anyone to truly take command of any issue of life. The Bible says: Now the parable is this: The seed is the Word of God (Luke 8:11).It is also written: So shall my word that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the things whereto I sent it (Isaiah 55:11; see also Matthew 24:35).
- God’s Word is Medicinal: There are healing virtues in the Word, because there is a healing God in it, and His Word carries the same order of healing virtue in Him. It is written: He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions (Psalm 107:20). By medicinal, I mean, it contains therapeutic values. His Word brings healing to our spirit, soul and body. We cannot tap into the healing virtue of God until it is rooted in our minds and spirit. If our minds are overwhelmed by the truth, we are in control. We need to have an understanding of what the Word carries, and recognise that our total health is part of the virtues in the Word.
- God’s Word is Surgical: It has the capacity to create our desired solutions. Examining the woman that was bent over in Luke 13:11-13, Jesus performed instant surgery on her and she was made straight that same hour. All He said was, “Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.” That brought about instant healing.
In summary, every time we approach God for His Word, we must understand that His Word carries all we need for our health and wholeness(John 1:1).It took God four days to create the fullness of the world; it took Him only one day to make man. Therefore, it will not take Him more than a day to repair or replace whatever is damaged in our lives. But, you must be born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Turnaround Power of the Word, The Force of Freedom, Walking in Dominion, Satan Get Lost, Born to Win and Fulfilling your Days. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you.
Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel