Topic: He Is Worth Your Thanks [Open Heavens for Teens 22 October 2019]
Memorise: “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.” – Psalms 100:4
Read: Psalms 118:1-10
- O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
- Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
- Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
- Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
- I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.
- The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
- The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
- It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
- It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
- All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.
Bible In One Year: Jeremiah 7-8, 1 Timothy 2
Sometime ago, I went to pray for the patients in the cancer ward, I saw a boy who had cancer of the eye, one if his eyeballs had become almost as large as half his head. I also saw a woman with cancer of the breast. One breast had become almost ad large as her body. Then I saw one of the female cancer patients singing praises to God and I was moved. On another day, I went for prison evangelism and saw prisoners on death roll singing and dancing to God with all of their strength, some even gave testimonies. These were people in seemingly helpless situations, yet giving thanks to God, how much more you and me?
What is that condition that you keep grumbling to God about? There are lots of people wishing yo be like you. You wish your family was living in a mansion? There are people who live in mansions yet don’t have sound health. You complain that you don’t have three square meals every day, but there are some children who are orphans with little or no care. Do you grumble because you are not studying abroad? There are some other children who hawk on the streets daily. It doesn’t matter what you think you don’t have, you still have loads of other reasons to thank God. He deserves your thanks.
List at least ten things that you ate grateful to God for and thank Him for all these things.
1 Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2 God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3 All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4 Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.