Alternative/Plan B by Dr T.E Shobiye [PR]
Topic: Alternative/Plan B
Woe to the obstinate children, “declares the LORD, to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; who go down to Egypt without consulting me; who look for help to Pharaoh’s protection, to Egypt’s shade for refuge. But Pharaoh’s protection will be to your shame, Egypt’s shade will bring you disgrace. Isa30:1-3 (NIV).
Life is full of trials, storms, affliction and hardships and all these challenges come in different seasons; some appear in the morning, afternoon and night of our lives. However, these difficulties of life have caused some people to take drastic steps that have led them to lose their glories to the devil (Jer 2:11). According to Eneche (2020), “In the journey of life, people encounter different phases of life, and wonder how to approach each phase and come out triumphant.” Also, due to the storms of life, some believers have renounced their faith, and they have been held hostage by solutions the devil has provided for them (2 Tim 4:10). There are two ways to life, one leads to destruction while the other one leads to everlasting life (Jer 21:8 & Matt 7:13-14). “Desperation does not solve problems, but it wounds our spirit and leaves us defeated” (Anglican Communion).
Brethren, let’s ask ourselves these rhetorical questions:
- Where do you run to, for solution during the storm of life?
- What steps have you taken during trials of life?
- Where do you run to when everything seems not all right or turn upside down.
- Where do you find refuge when you are troubled or distressed?
The title of this Article discusses about Alternative/Plan B, and which can be defined as anything that is contrary to the words of GOD ALMIGHTY. Cowman (2019) describes Plan B as a way of helping ourselves out and accepting premature deliverance which is not of GOD ALMIGHTY which leading to the destruction of God’s work of grace in our lives. In this regard, anything opposite to the way of JESUS CHRIST or words of GOD is Plan/ Alternative B while A Plan refers to salvation/ solution or help and deliverance from God Almighty (2 Sam 22:2-3; Ps 124:8; John10:9-11; James 5:13-16; Ps 91; Ps 28:8; Ps 68:20 & Ps34:4) SOVEREIGN GOD describes people that seek for Plan B as obstinate children who go back to Egypt to seek for help (Isa 30:1-3) and such stubborn children will be completely useless (Jer 13:10).
Beloved, the woman who had been afflicted for many years in the Bible, visited many places with no good result, not until she finally found salvation In CHRIST JESUS (Luke 8:43-48). This to tell us that no alternative B that can heal our diseases and afflictions except in CHRIST JESUS (Isa 53:4-6). Brethren, all things that GOD ALMIGHTY has made include you and I are wonderfully and beautifully made (Gen1:31 & Psalm139:14). On the other hand, the bad things come from the devil; let us remember the fall of the man in the garden of Eden, (Genesis 3:1-24) and it was the devil that caused Adam and Eve forfeited the covenants that GOD ALMIGHTY had made with the man. Wommack (2020) explains that afflictions, persecutions and tribulations are weapons/instruments of the devil and the devil is using them to stop us from believing the words of GOD to bear fruits in our lives. This indicates that those that visit the devil for Plan B for solutions have already added to their problems because what prompts them to visit the devil is caused by the devil himself, and by looking up to the devil for the solutions, he gives them what they are not bargain for. For example, those who perform some rituals for money get it from the devil, and the devil demands a target that can never be met from them. Also, such people run helter-skelter after they have received the money from the devil, and God Almighty also turns HIS back from such Christians (Jer 18:17). “Seeking greatness anywhere apart from God is an exercise in futility” (Enoch Adeboye). Beloved, the blessings of the devil are temporal and sorrowful in nature and It is only God Almighty that gives the ability to produce wealth (Deut 8:18). It is only the blessings of God Almighty that added no sorrow (Prov 10:22). The bible says “Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help… HE who helps will stumble, he is helped will fall and they both perish together” (Isa 31:1-3). In short, a Christian who visits the devil for a solution, he/she has lost the benefits and promises of God Almighty, (Jonah 1:8). Olukoya argues (2019) that “When you go to a herbalist, all he does most often is to re-arrange your problem. He would remove the problem brought to him and replace it with a stubborn one. When you go to an occultist, he would use your soul to form a covenant and give you a temporary relief.” To tell the truth, the only saviour that we have, is JESUS CHRIST and the Bible says there is no other saviour except Jesus Christ, (Isa 43:11; Isa45:5, Isa 45:18 & Hosea 13:4). JESUS NAME is higher than any other name and at the mention of HIS NAME every knee must bow, be it storm, trial, hardship (Phil 2:10). In addition, those who call the name of SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY will be saved (Romans 10:13) because is a strong tower (Prov 18:10). “The dryness in a Christian’s life comes when we substitute other things for the living water that only Jesus can give” (Andrew Wommack).
Who sought for Plan B in the Bible?
- Sarah offered her husband (Abraham) Plan B because of her trial (Gen 16: 1-5). If not for the intervention and promises of GOD ALMIGHTY for Abraham, Hagar’s son (Ishmael) would have been a problem for Sarah in the future. As a result of the love of GOD for Sarah, Sarah escaped from the consequences of suggesting Plan B to her husband because GOD instructed Abraham to listen to whatever Sarah demanded from him which was sending Hagar and her son away as Sarah demanded (Gen 21:8-14). Had it been that GOD ALMIGHTY told Abraham not to send away Hagar and her son, Ishmael and there was nothing Sarah could/will do because SOVEREIGN GOD has the final say on the matter. But, some people may not have the grace that Sarah received from God Almighty because the grace Mr A has received from God Almighty, Mr B may not receive such grace.
- Lot’s wife chose alternative B and became a pillar of salt (Gen 19:26). Lot’s wife thought that there was no future where they were heading to, because she was doing an inner comparison with what they had acquired in Sodom & Gomorrah. As a result of this, she looked back to choose Plan B instead of Plan A that God Almighty had offered to her family (Luke 17:32-33). The result of her choice caused serious damage to her husband and her daughter because her two daughters slept with their father. Beloved, Christians that engage in Plan B will not only cause problem for themselves, it will affect members of their families.
- Rachel, the beloved wife of Jacob did not believe in God Almighty whom her husband (Jacob) was serving, but she believed in a Plan B that was why she stole her father’s household gods (Gen31:19). The result of her action was that she could not eat the fruit of her labour because she died when she was about to give birth to Benjamin (Gen31: 22-35 & Gen 35:16-19). We cannot serve two masters, and we cannot serve God Almighty with mammon, (Matt 6:24).
- King Asa started well and doing what was right in the sight of GOD ALMIGHTY and also removed all the alters of foreign gods even demoted the queen mother for worshiping Baal (1 King15:8-13 & 1Chr15:16). He even commanded Judah to seek the first of the LORD (1 Chr14:2-4 & 1Ch15:1-19) and whenever he had problems, he called The Name of GOD ALMIGHTY. GOD in HIS SOVEREITY also responded to his requests by giving him victories over his enemies (1 Chr14:11-15).However, King Asa had forgotten all the good things GOD ALMIGHTY had done for him and stopped seeking GOD ALMIGHTY for solutions and started relying on his fellow kings (1ch16:1-10), and when he also had a problem with his feet, he forgot GOD ALMIGHTY and started seeking Alternative B for help and at the end he died of his affliction (1Chr16:13).
- The children of Israel chose Plan B from one generation to another, and they faced the consequences of choosing Plan B, (Judge 3: 10-15; Judge 4:1-4; Judge 6:1-6; Judge 13:1-3,).
- King Saul started well with SOVEREIGN GOD and later chose Plan B which put an end to his kingdom (1 Sam 13:12-28; 1 Sam 15: 20-22 & 1 Sam 28: 1-19). We should not allow people to push us to fall in the hands of God Almighty because it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God… (Heb 10:31).
- Demas followed Plan B because of worldly things, (2 Timo 4:10). “No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62).
- Peter was already looking back by going back to fishing after JESUS CHRIST’ death which was an alternative B (John 21:3-14) but if not for the CHRIST intervention, he would not have been counted worthy as powerful apostle (John 21:15-19). Beloved, not everybody will receive the grace that Peter the Apostle received from JESUS CHRIST, SAVIOUR, we should remember Judas Iscariot.
Also Read: The Motive behind going Church
Those who refused alternative B in the Bible
- Joseph did not bow down for Plan B despite his hardships and trials in a foreign land, (Gen39: 1-22) but he was delivered from all of his troubles and forgot his sufferings (Gen 41:16-52). Many of afflictions of a righteous man but GOD ALMIGHTY deliver him from all (Psalm 34:19-20).
- Joshua boldly and frankly told the children of Israel that come rain, come shine, he and his households will serve the Lord till the end of their lives, (Joshua 24:14-18).
- Job did not deny SOVEREIGN GOD despite the humiliation he received from his wife and friends, he said capital No to Plan B and held to Plan A. Job’s fortunes were restored to him hundredfold (Job 42:1-16).
- Ruth left Plan B and followed Plan A which made her name to be part of the greatest women in Israel (Ruth chapters 1-4).
- King David did not seek foreign gods as Plan B despite his hardships and he encouraged himself in the Lord and GOD ALMIGHTY gave him victory everywhere he went, (1 Chr 14:8-17; 1 Chr 17:8 & 1 chr 18: 7-13).
- Mordecai did not bow to Haman as a Plan B (Esther 3: 1-15) and at the end, GOD ALMIGHTY elevated him (Esth 8:15 & Esth 10:3).
- Shadrack, Meshach and Abednego refused to bow down to Plan B (Daniel 3:8-18) and GOD ALMIGHTY proved HIMSELF as their God and they were promoted, (Daniel 3:24-30). I will be with you whenever you are passing through fire (IS 43:2).
- Daniel refused Plan B and focused on Plan A which was the way of GOD ALMIGHTY, Daniel overcame his enemies (Dan 6: 1-28).
Beloved, In this world, there are storms we must face in order to test our faith in Christ Jesus, but Jesus Christ Our Saviour as the Way, HE will find ways to rescue us or bring us out of the storms (1Cor10:13, Ps 46:10; Matt 8:23-27; Mark4:35-41; Luke 8:22-25 & 1Peter 5:9-10). According to Graham (2019), “Satan does not care how much you theorize about Christianity, or how much you profess to know Christ. What he opposes vigorously is the way you love Christ.” Jesus our Saviour says that we will be persecuted for our faith as HE was also persecuted, (Matt 10:22). Olukoya (2019) observes that all kinds of battles that we face are the ways the enemies used to trouble the children of God Almighty. Apostle Paul also declares that anybody who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persuaded, (2 Tim 3:11-12). Kumuyi (2019) reveals that a person who confesses his/her sins and follows Jesus Christ becomes the enemy of the devil. On one hand, Jesus did not say we will not face tribulations or storms in this world, but HE assured us that HE has overcome the world (John 16:33) and that is why we are more than conquerors (Romans 28:37) because HE will never forsake or leave us during our trials (Deu31:6). On the other hand, Plan B makes attempt to separate us from the love of CHRIST (Romans 8:35-39). Kumuyi (2019) notes that Satan has prepared battles against those that have sworn to be loyal to Jesus Christ. Copeland (2019) argues that Christians should expect a setback once in a while, no matter how long we have been living by faith. He further points out that in Christian race will run into some situations that are not in line with what he/she is expecting them to be. Olukoya (2019) states three reasons Satan attacks believers: “The enemy is contending for what has been written concerning our lives, the enemy is contending for our success and the most important one is the kingdom of God.”
Besides this, some Christians have led their fellow Christian brothers and sisters to native doctors (herbalists). And such Christians will give testimonies that GOD ALMIGHTY has done something for them meanwhile, it was the devil that gave them disastrous miracles. Such Christians are calling SOVEREIGN GOD with their tongues, but GOD ALMIGHTY is far from their hearts (Matt 15:8). There was a three-day revival in one church and the guest pastor that was invited for the revival just heard a message from God Almighty during the second day of the revival that “A person that came to revival yesterday evening went to perform a sacrifice in the midnight and the person should come out or else he/she will run mad and lost his/her children. All of a sudden, a woman who led praise and worship in the first day of the revival came out from the choir, and she said that “A native doctor told her to carry a sacrifice urgently for the sake of her children and if she delays the sacrifice, something terrible will happen to her children. She was crying before the congregation, and said she did it because of her children.” The Bible says “The sorrow of those will increase who run after other gods,” (Psalms 16:4). He who looks back does not fit for the kingdom of GOD ALMIGHTY (Luke 9:62). Freedom in Christ Ministries (2019) states that the moment you are motivated to engage into Plan B for your need to be met, you are the threshold of a decision. By the way, some Christians believe that by looking for alternative B is a way of helping God Almighty. We should not be deceived ourselves; we cannot help SOVEREIGN GOD to do HIS works in our lives. Apostle Paul also warned the Galatians that if they forsake the doctrine of Christ, it means that they are adding the burden of the yoke of slavery into their lives, (Gal 5:1). The yoke of Jesus Christ is light and Jesus says we should come to him, and HE will give us rest ((Matt 11:28). Olukoya (2019) posits that it is indiscipline before GOD ALMIGHTY for those Christians who are still serving God Almighty with mammon. “Whoever refuses the easy yoke, and light burden of the Lord JESUS CHRIST will be crushed under the devil’s heavy burden, and yoke,” (Excerpt from Unpleasant Yoke Movie).
Beloved, sometimes, most of the problems we are facing sometime have already been solved by SOVEREIGN GOD, but the devil will make us believe that it takes time for prayers to generate results and make us see that nothing seems working or coming up (Dan 10:12-13). For example, there was this movie that was produced by Mount Zion Drama Ministry called “Mi o le se (I can’t do it).” In this movie, God Almighty had already answered the woman for the fruit of the womb, but she did not know that she was pregnant, but she went to a native doctor (herbalist) for solution. The herbalist gave her something to drink and when she had finished drinking it, she started having the stomach ache and her husband took her to the hospital. The doctor told the husband that his wife has lost 2 weeks pregnancy as a result of what she drank. Meanwhile, the husband did not know that his wife had seen a native doctor and the husband asked her where she got what she drank. She confessed to her husband that she went to seek solution for her 10 years of childlessness from the herbalist and the man gave her what she drank not knowing that she was already pregnant. Her husband cried and told her that despite the revelation and assurance that SOVEREIGN GOD had given them concerning the fruit of the worm through his dream and he also narrated the dream to her but she still went to seek for alternative B. We must trust GOD ALMIGHTY with all our hearts and not our human understanding…” (Prov3:5).
Reasons for the challenges
- To glorify GOD ALMIGHTY- SOVEREIGN GOD wants to demonstrate HIS SOVEREIGNTY over our situations. HE wants us to know that HE is I AM that I AM just the way HE had proven HIS powers to Pharaoh (Exodus14:1-31). HE is the one that performs wonders which cannot be fathomed (Jobs9:10). Schreve (2019) points out that GOD ALMIGHTY wants to use our trials, difficulties or problems, we are encountering in our lives to proclaim to the world that HE is faithful GOD, and HE is only one that is mighty to save no saviour elsewhere. Our affliction is to glorify the Lord and to draw us more to SOVEREIGN GOD (Psalm119:74-76). Graham (2019) also notes that Christians face some challenges so that they might give glory to GOD. We are facing some hardships in order to rely on GOD ALMIGHTY not relying on our human strengths, (2 Con1:8-9). Brethren, it is not by power or strength but the Power of HOLY SPIRIT (Zech 4:6 & Romans 9:16).
- To test our level of patience: SOVEREIGN GOD also uses our trials to test our patience, to know what steps we will take or what extra miles we can go without denying HIM. Let us remember what devil told Sovereign God about Job and what happened to him during the trials and the end of it (Job1:8-9). GOD ALMIGHTY cannot allow trials that beyond what we cannot bear and even they are beyond us, HE will find solutions to these trials (1stCor 10: 13). “Learning to wait with patience and hopeful expectation is a mark of spiritual maturity,” (Meyer, 2019). King David says I waited patiently to GOD ALMIGHTY, and he heard me, (Psalm 40:1). We have to exercise patience in receiving what we are hoping for, which we are not yet have (Romans 8:25). According to Meyer (2019), patience is developed under trial, which also parts of fruits of the HOLY SPIRIT. There is blessing in waiting patiently upon to GOD (Isa30:18).Our patience during our trials gives us strength and opportunities to draw near and know more about GOD (IS40:29-31). Adeboye (2019) notes that without combination of faith and patience, none of the promise of God Almighty can be fulfilled (Heb 6:12). In short, patience has a specific assignment to perform in our lives in order to make us perfect. There was a sister who had a dream that “There were two Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) that were bringing out foods for people in her dream. She ordered for a meal in the first ATM but discovered that she was the only person on that first ATM. Meanwhile, there were many people in the second ATM, and they were quickly getting the foods they had ordered while the first ATM she was using not yet responded to her order. The sister said when she had waited for 30 minutes there was no food coming out of this first ATM, she moved to the second ATM where many people were receiving their food quickly but the kinds of foods this second ATM brought out for the people were not good-looking at all, but she had to eat it. While she was eating, she found that the first ATM she had left had provided chairs and tables for its customers, but the second ATM didn’t provide seats for people and people were eating while standing. The sister said she went back to the first ATM, she found a man in white garment serving one man the food she ordered from the first ATM and she told the man in white garment that she was here before and she was the one that ordered the food that man was eating, and the man in white garment told her that the time she ordered for the food, the ATM took its time to process the food to her own taste and why didn’t she wait for the machine to give her the best and attractive food? The man in white garment further told her that the time the ATM finished that was the time this man came and ordered for the same food she had ordered for, and he had to give the food to the man because that was what he also ordered for. The man in white garment told the sister that because she was not patient enough that was why she missed her nice food. The man further told her that if she still wants new food from this ATM, she would have to wait more than the time she waited before.” GOD ALMIGHTY is good to those who wait patiently for HIS salvation (Lam3:25-26). Apostle Paul also implored us by saying we should emulate those received promises of SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY by faith and patience like Abraham, who waited patiently and received what the Sovereign God Almighty had promised him, (Heb 6:12-15). “Patiently waiting on God for a solution to our problems implies that all our hope and trust are on HIM” (Adeboye Enoch). Meyer (2019) is of the view that we do not get frustrated or worry whenever we wait on GOD ALMIGHTY because we rest our faith in HIM believing that HE is able to do what is needed to be done for us at the appointed time. “Be steadfast and patient in suffering and tribulation….” Tribulation means “being under pressure.” When pressure comes, don’t cave in. Don’t faint. Instead, go to the throne of grace,” (Kenneth Copeland).
- To humble our ego: Some people believe that what they have acquired in life are due to their handworks and sweats, but they have forgotten that it is not by power or might but by the SPIRIT OF GOD ALMIGHTY (Zec4:6) While some do not believe that it is not man’s effort or desire but the mercy of GOD ALMIGHTY (Romans 9:16) that grant them the contract, profit, and promotion. Sometimes, SOVEREIGN GOD try to humble the ego of some people who do not show appreciation to HIM but still think that it is their instinct that is working for them. Beloved, it is the GOD ALMIGHTY that gives the ability to produce wealth (Deu 8:13-18) and promotion comes neither from east nor west…(Psl 75:6) and it is SOVEREIGN GOD that lifts up and brings down (Psl75:7). In this regards, we face some trials in order to humble us and just the way Moses told children of Israel that they should “Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD,” (Deu8:2-3). King David also argued that it is good to be afflicted so that we can repent and do the wills of GOD ALMIGHTY (Psalm119:67&71). JESUS CHRIST, OUR FATHER also says GOD ALMIGHTY gives grace to the humble but looks down on the proud(Matt 23:12).The Bible says humble yourself before the Lord and HE will lift you up (James 4:6-10). GOD ALMIGHTY lifts the humble and looks far to the proud (luke14:11 & Luke18:14). The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:6: “Humble yourselves therefore under the Mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time and cloth yourself with the garment of humility.” If Nebuchadnezzar was not turned to animal, he won’t have humbled himself before SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY. Okonkow (2019) observes that the reason some people are not moving forward or elevated is because they are too full of themselves “Many people are humble only for a while, at some point, when the humility becomes inconvenient, they get up from the ground to see how tall they can be,” (Adeboye Adejare).
- Sins- The sins of the past which we try to cover and refuse to confess can be the sources of our trials, hardships (Pro 23:18). The Psalmist ask for forgiveness for the hidden faults (Psalm 19:12) and further says blessed is the man the transgression has been forgiven (Psalm 32:1). There was a sister who committed the sin of fornication during her years of courtship with her fiancé and which later became her husband. This sister was looking for fruit of the womb for nine years and things also went upside down for her husband after seven months of their marriage. This sister sought for the face of God Almighty to know what behinds all these hardships in her marriage. The Sovereign God spoke and told the sister that it was the sin of fornication that she committed with her husband during their courtship that caused all these afflictions because she did not wait to receive the blessing of GOD ALMIGHTY, and she did not keep the marriage bed pure (Heb 13:4). Beloved, the consequences of the sins of the past brought sorrow and problems into this sister’s life (Lam5:7). The Psalmist says if he had hidden sins in his heart, God Almighty won’t have heard him (Psalm 66:18). Sovereign God told children of the Israel not worship other gods except HIM, but they disobeyed and HE handed them over to their enemies, but when they asked for forgiveness, HE sent Gideon to them (Judge 61-16). A man once told me a testimony how Sovereign God saved his family from the infirmities as a result of unfaithfulness with his tithe. The man told me that since the day he has started working, he had never paid his tithe and his salaries always go to unexpected expenses like sickness and his car always have a problem every month. In fact, he did not know how he spent his salary each month not until his pastor told him that there is a devourer in his house due to failure of not paying his tithe. The man that Jesus our Father healed at Bethesda was crippled due to his sins, (John 5: 1-14). Beloved, at times, it is our unknown and known sins that cause trials and delay our miracles because the hands of God Almighty are not too short (1s59:1 & Zec 1:15). Moreover, some Christians refused to acknowledge their sins by giving excuses or shifting blame on others for their actions or sins like Adam who shifted his act of disobedience to Eve (Lam 3:39-42 & Gen3:11-12). All our righteousness are fit rags before GOD ALMIGHTY (1 John 1:8-9) and he who covers his sins will not prosper (Prov 28:23). Some believers refused to plea for the Blood of JESUS for their wilful sins (Psalm 19:13 & Psalm 25:7). This kind of unwilling behaviour of not admitting sins committed has withheld or deprived some Christians from receiving their breakthroughs and leave them in bondage of afflictions and trials, (Jere5:25). “We must be careful never to make excuses for our trials and tribulations if they are a result of our own wrongdoings,” (Mormon Channel). The Bible says that if my people who are called by my Name humble themselves and confess their sins… I will hear from heaven and heal their land, (1 King 7:14). Graham (2019) posits that Christians are afflicted in order that GOD ALMIGHTY might bring them into repentance. By asking GOD ALMIGHTY to purge or wash our sins away that is a sign of humility and then peace will reign in our lives. Not like Satan who allowed pride to occupy his life, he was not acknowledged his sins and believed that his actions were right before the Sovereign God. In addition, Unknown sins either committed by our parents and our forefathers may also bring trials or storms into our lives (Exe 18:2). Most of the trials’ children of Israel faced were caused by their forefathers. Brethren, it was sin committed by Abraham that caused the children of Israel to spend 430 years as slaves in the land of Egypt (Lam 5:7 & Gen 15:13). It was sin that King Saul committed that caused three consecutive years of a famine for the children of Israel and not until King David inquired from God Almighty the cause of such famine, (1Sam 21:1-2). The wickedness of Joab caused generational curses on his whole family and entire generations (2 Sam 3:28-30). It was King David’s sin that caused great lost of lives in Israel (2 Sam 21:1-17). The kingdom was divided during the reign of King Rehoboam due to the sins of his father, King Solomon (1 King11:9-13). Likewise, the sins of King Hezekiah caused the downfall of Judea (2 King20:12-19). It was Gehazi that caused generational curses for his generations, (2 King 5: 20-27). The deception of Gibeonites that brought generational curses of slavery to their generations, (Joshua 9:1-27). However, all praises to GOD ALMIGHTY that both the unknown and known sins can be totally cleansed by the Blood of JESUS, (Gal 3:22-25 & 4:1-7). If not for JESUS CHRIST that came to save us, the unknown and known sins would have caused us a lot of suffering, hardships, oppression, bondage and subjection to frustration for us (Rom 8:19-22) but the BLOOD OF JESUS came to rescue us from the dominion of darkness (Col1:13), to redeem us (Eph 1:7-8) and to cancel every written code against us (Col 2:14-15). Brethren, SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY have provided for us the BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST as a solution to cleanse both unknown and known sins in our lives and it is now left for us to apply this solution.
- To be miracle carriers- a man who is not in danger before cannot never answer for his courage. GOD ALMIGHTY makes us pass through the storms or be it trial in order to use us as vessels for the gospel and to help others who are also going through what we have been through and to make their faith strong in JESUS CHRIST. SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY uses that trial in us to comfort others in the situations that we have passed their exams (1 Con 1:3-5). Graham also affirms (2019) that many Christians face hardships in order to fellowship with other who are in affliction because “Only those who have known sorrow and suffering can have fellowship with those in affliction.” Most of the people that JESUS CHRIST healed during HIS lifetime, such people preached the good news because they witnessed the grace of GOD ALMIGHTY in their lives (Mark 5:1-20 & Mark 10:46-52). We are into these storms in order to be the comforters for those who will also experience the same storms we have gone through, (1Con 1:3-4). Apostle Paul even said that his trials have helped to strengthen the faith of most of the brothers in SOVEREIGN GOD ALMIGHTY, (Phi1:14). “The purpose of our life on earth is to grow, develop, and be strengthened through our own experiences…Tests and trials are given to all of us,” (Mormon Channel)
- For price winning: we faced some challenges in life in order to win the prizes and to be promoted to our next levels. It just likes a person that wants to be promoted, such a person will pass a series of tests and faces enemies of progress. Jesus Christ, Our FATHER, also faced persecution and suffered for us, but HE didn’t give up though HE wanted to give up but when he saw the glory that was waiting for HIM, HE said “FATHER let your will be done (Luke 22:42).” For instance, if Jesus Christ did not suffer, HIS NAME would not have been the Name that is above all names in all the earth, but HE suffered for us and won victory over the devil, sins and death as well destroyed all dominions, authorities and powers as well everything is placed under HIS Feet. “God will only tell us where you are going, He won’t tell you the challenges; because if He told you the challenges, you would run away,” (Mike Okonkwo).
“Only those who reject the devil’s alternative eventually achieve God’s best for their lives,” (Olukoya: 2019).
“Settle for the original not the fake; settle for the authentic not the plastic. Be patient with God; no matter how long it takes, His plans for you must surely come to pass,” (Eneche Paul).
Abraham, D. 2015. Unpleasant Yoke. [Online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0bkAZuiq_g Accessed on 16 March, 2019.
Adeboye, E. 2020. Designed for Greatness: Open Heaven 21 April 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/open-heaven-21-april-2020/ Accessed on 21 April 2020.
Adeboye, E. 2019. Patience: A Virtue -Open Heavens for Teens 17 June 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/patience-a-virtue-open-heavens-for-teens-17-june-2019/ Accessed on 17 June 2019.
Adeboye, E. 2020. Lessons From The Ground 3: Open Heavens for Teens 13 March 2020. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/lessons-ground-open-heavens-13-march-2020/ Accessed on 13 March 2020.
Akintude, I. 2012. Mi o le se e. [Online] Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA47E6eTvhI Accessed on 28 March 2019
Anglican Communion 2019. Danger of Desperation: The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria 1 March 2020. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/dangers-desperation-anglican-communion-16-march-2019/Accessed on 1st March, 2020.
Copeland, K. 2019. It’s Not Over Till It’s Over: Devotional 11 April 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/kenneth-copeland-daily-devotional-april-11-2017-its-not-over-till-over/ Accessed on 11 April 2019.
Copeland, K. 2019. Weary of Worry: Kenneth Copeland Devotional 12 February 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/kenneth-copeland-daily-devotional-february-12-2017-weary-of-worry/ Accessed on 12 February, 2019.
Eneche, P. 2019. The Walk Of Patience: Seeds of Destiny 25 November 2019 Devotional. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/seeds-destiny-25-november-2019-walk-patience/ Accessed on 25 November 2019.
Enenche, P. 2020. The Power Of Praise: Dunamis’ Seeds of Destiny 29 February 2020 Devotional. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/seeds-destiny-29-february-2020-power-praise/ Accessed on 29 February 2020.
Graham, B. 2019. Joy in Sharing: Devotional 25 April 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/billy-graham-daily-devotional-april-25-2017-joy-sharing/ Accessed on 25 April 2019.
Graham, B. 2019. Why the Righteous Suffer: Devotional 16 December 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/billy-graham-daily-16-december-2017-devotional-suffer/ Accessed on 16 December 2019.
Holy Bible: New International Version. 2011. Hodder & Stoughton: United Kingdom.
Kumuyi, W. 2019. Conquering The Mighty: DCLM Daily Manna 7 March 2019 Daily Devotional.[Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/dclm-daily-manna-7-march-2019-conquering-mighty/ Accessed on 7 March, 2019.
Meyer, J. 2019. Wait Patiently: Joyce Meyer Devotional 5 March 2019. Available at: [Online] https://flatimes.com/joyce-meyer-5-march-2019-wait-patiently/ Accessed on 5 March, 2019.
Meyer, J. Looking at the Whole Picture: Devotional 4 March 2019. Available at: [Online] https://flatimes.com/joyce-meyer-4-march-2019-picture/ Accessed on 4 March, 2019
Mormon Channel. 2015. Power of the Holy Spirit: Comfort in Trials. [Online] Available at: https://www.mormonchannel.org/blog/post/power-of-the-holy-spirit-comfort-in-trials Accessed on 27 April 2019.
Okonkwo, M. 2019. Be Clothed With Humility: TREM Devotional 4 March 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/trem-4-march-2019-clothed-humility/ Accessed on 4 March, 2019.
Okonkwo, M. 2019. Wait For The Process: TREM Devotional 25 April 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/trem-25-april-2019-theprocess/ Accessed on 25 April 2019.
Olukoya, D. 2019. Be Strong and Courageous: MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 8 April 2019. [Online https://flatimes.com/mfm-8-april-2019-strong-courageous/ Accessed on 5 April 2019.
Olukoya, D. 2019. Be Strong and Courageous: MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 8 April 2019. [Online https://flatimes.com/mfm-8-april-2019-strong-courageous/ Accessed on 5 April 2019.
Olukoya, D. 2019. Christian Discipline (II): MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional. Available at: [Online] https://flatimes.com/mfm-16-march-2019-discipline/ Accessed on 16 March, 2019.
Olukoya, D. 2019. War Against Satanic Contention: MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 19 April 2019. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/mfm-19-april-2019-war-satanic-contention/ Accessed on 19 April 2019.
Olukoya, D. 2020. When Problems Are Re-Arranged: MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 24 February. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/mfm-24-february-2020-problems-re-arranged/ Accessed on 5 January 2020.
Wommack. A. 2020. No Distractions, Please: Devotional 10 April 2020. [Online] Available at:https://flatimes.com/andrew-wommack-devotional-10-april-2018-distractions-please/ Accessed on 10 April, 2020.
Wommack. A. 2020. Thirst? Andrew Wommack Devotional 10 February 2020. [Online] Available at: https://flatimes.com/andrew-wommack-daily-10-february-2018-devotional-thirsty/ Accessed on 10 February, 2020.
The above article was written by Dr T.E Shobiye [PR]