The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 1 June 2020 – There Shall Be A Performance
TOPIC: There Shall Be A Performance
READ: LUKE 1:39-49 (NKJV)
- Now Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, to a city of Judah,
- and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
- And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed [are] you among women, and blessed [is] the fruit of your womb!
- “But why [is] this [granted] to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
- “For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
- “Blessed [is] she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”
- And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord,
- And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
- For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
- For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy [is] His name.
The text for today is on the visitation of Mary to her cousin, Elizabeth. As at the time of the visit, both were pregnant – Mary was pregnant with Jesus; Elizabeth was pregnant with John the Baptist. As soon as Elizabeth sighted Mary, the baby in the womb of Elizabeth (John) leaped in his mother’s womb. Then Elizabeth, full of the Holy Spirit, began to speak to Mary:“…Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb…and blessed is she that believed for there shall be a performance of those things that were told her from the Lord…” (verse 42, verse 45).
Whether by divine favour or by a definite word of God to us, as unto Mary, in order to activate the purpose of God for speaking to us in a particular way, we need at least one thing – believe God. When we do, we engage the integrity of God to fulfil His word to us. Has God spoken to you particularly on an issue? Believe Him for there shall be a performance.
PRAYER: Lord, let it be unto me according to Your word.