The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 23 April 2020 – Qualified For His Presence
TOPIC: Qualified For His Presence
READ: PSALM 24:1-10 (NKJV)
- A Psalm of David. The earth [is] the LORD’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
- For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters.
- Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? Or who may stand in His holy place?
- He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.
- He shall receive blessing from the LORD, And righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- This [is] Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
- Who [is] this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, The LORD mighty in battle.
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.
- Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He [is] the King of glory. Selah
This generation is witnessing an upsurge in the number of ministries, churches, fellowships or gatherings filled with people who claim to be seeking God. Some of these people are zealous and serve sacrificially in their different denominations. However the Bible tells us in today’s passage that there are strict qualifications for those who can stand in God’s temple or mountain. Such people must have clean hands, pure hearts and abstain from deceit and lies (verse 4). Verse 3 notes that bountiful blessings from God and His righteousness will be their portion.
What is preventing you from going up to God’s presence to reap His innumerable wonderful blessings? Are your hands filled with blood? Are you full of deceit, lies and impurities? The Almighty God has made a great call in Isaiah 1:18: ‘Come let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, or red like crimson, they shall be as white as wool.’ So tell those gates of sin, laziness, procrastination, curses, problems, bondages, etc., to be lifted up because the King of kings wants to come into your life, family and work today. If you let Him in, God, the King of kings who is mighty and strong in battle, will settle the challenges confronting you to His glory, in Jesus name!
PRAYER: I command every gate constraining me from getting into God’s presence to be lifted in Jesus name!