Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional 16 October 2021 By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Jesus’ Prayer At Gethsamane
TOPIC: Jesus’ Prayer At Gethsamane (Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministries, MFM Devotional 16 October 2021)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 17; Mark 9; Luke 9:28-62
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Luke 22:39-46
39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
MEMORY VERSE: “… Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” – Luke 22:42
Prayer lays hold of God’s plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
HENCEFORTH, YOUR PRAYER WILL HAVE FAR-REACHING IMPACT TO THE GLORY OF GOD.
The prayer of Jesus in Gethsamane was that the Father’s will would be done (Luke 22:42), and His prayer was answered. This incident, the prayer Jesus offered and the result He got, all present lessons for us, Christians today!
Also Read: Open Heaven 16 October 2021 – Grow In Grace
In His earthly sojourn and ministry, Jesus Christ maintained unusual intimacy with His Father and He never prayed amiss. We still have a lot to learn from His prayer style and discipline. Our Fire Scripture reveals that Jesus had a prayerful lifestyle. He used the Mount of Olive regularly for His personal prayer retreat. On this occasion, He had the burden to pray and moved a little distance away from His disciples and began to communicate with His Father. As a human being, Jesus understood the significance of His mission on earth and the fact that the time for its fulfilment was ripe. His flesh was contending with the yieldedness of His spirit. He needed the help of His Father. Hence, His request that the Father remove the cup from Him, if it was His Father’s will.
Jesus knew the agony and heavy burden He was about to carry. His Spirit was willing but His flesh was resisting. Yet, the Saviour also knew that the fate of the entire humanity depended on His decision. He also realised that the best thing was to let the Father have His way. Therefore, He said, “Nevertheless, not my will, but thine be done.”
Beloved, Jesus was caught between a great temptation or dilemma: to do His own will or the will of His Father. He chose to do the will of His Father. His prayer is therefore a prayer of submission.
It takes a life that is surrendered to God to submit and obey Him. Abraham’s surrenderedness made him to be willing to sacrifice Isaac as God instructed him. Similarly, Jesus submission to the Father and His understanding of purpose made Him to say that the will of the Father should prevail as He prayed.
No matter the issue at hand, temptation, conflict and pressure involved, learn from Jesus and willingly tell God to let His will be done. God’s will is always perfect, beneficial and rewarding. Abraham and Jesus are eloquent testimonies to that truth!
- Father, give me great discipline and grace in prayer, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to always bring crucial matters to You, rather than men, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, help me to put Your will above mine always, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that wants the flesh to dominate and ruin my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, give me the grace to overcome all temptations, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, any cup that I must take in order to fulfil my destiny and Your will, help me to take it, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a surrendered and obedient Christian, in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
MFM 2021 Seventy Days Prayer & Fasting Programme – 16 October 2021
Prayer Battle (2)
Section 7: O God Arise And Silence My Silencer
Scripture Reading: Psalm 2
Confession: Psalms 31:17 – Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
Day 9: (Saturday, October 16, 2021) Break By 2pm [Local Time]
The Bible In 70 Days – Day 69: Hebrews 12:1 – 2 John 1:1 – 1:11
Prayer Of Praise And Thanksgiving (To Be Said Daily) – See Below
- Evil hands responsible for the problems in my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil assignments of the enemy for my life, be terminated, in Jesus’ name.
- I remove my name from the book of those who see good things but do not receive them, in the name of Jesus.
- Hands of the wicked elders pushing my head down as I try to lift it up, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone collecting graveyard sand against me, be disgraced, in Jesus’ name.
- Dark powers of the grave, get out of my way now, in the name of Jesus.
- Every image of my life in the graveyard, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Coffin arrows sent against me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Enemies holding me, hold me no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers assigned to cover me with the garment of battles, be consumed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Celebration of the wicked elders assigned to make me cry, turn to madness, in the name of Jesus.
- Every door that will lead to my destiny, hear the word of the Lord, open by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- The will of the enemy shall not come to pass on my head, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers struggling to kill my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power assigned against the divine oil on my head, die, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers pursuing my head for evil exchange, die, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, arise in Your fire and move my life forward, in the name of Jesus.
- Hidden mockers playing with me to attack me unawares, O God, expose and disappoint them, in the name of Jesus.
- Mockers using their poisonous tongues to laugh at me, O Lord, tear them to pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- Mockers assigned to turn me to a victim of disgrace, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Battles mocking me to make me a reproach, die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and use my life to disgrace the mockers, in the name of Jesus.
- My enemies shall hear my testimonies and run mad, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give me the victory that will turn my battles to testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers setting me up to deny God so as to enslave me the more, O God, destroy them with Your anger, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that want good people to forget me, O God, tear them apart, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone rejoicing at my long-time difficulties, O Lord, use Your knife to disappoint them, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, use Your hand to draw me out of the waters of trouble, in the name of Jesus.
Prayer Of Praise And Thanksgiving (To Be Said Daily)
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for:
- Drawing me to prayer and power,
- The salvation of my soul,
- Baptizing me with the Holy Spirit,
- Producing spiritual gifts upon my life,
- The fruits of the spirit working in me,
- The wonderful gift of praise,
- All the ways You have intervened in my affairs,
- Your divine plan for my life,
- You will never leave me nor forsake me,
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life,
- Lifting me up when I fall,
- Keeping me in perfect peace,
- Making all things work together for good for me,
- Protecting me from the snares of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
- The wonder-working power in Your Word and in the Blood of the Lamb,
- Giving Your angels charge over me,
- Fighting for me against my adversaries,
- Making me more than a conqueror,
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory,
- Your healing power upon my body, soul and spirit,
- Flooding my heart with the light of heaven,
- Always causing me to triumph in Christ Jesus,
- Turning my curses into blessings,
- Enabling me to dwell in safety,
- All the blessings of life,
- Your greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor and righteousness,
- Silencing the foe and the avenger,
- You are at my right hand and I shall not be moved,
- You are trustworthy and will help Your own,
- Not allowing my enemies to rejoice over me,
- Your wonderful love,
- You are great and greatly to be praised,
- Delivering my soul from death and my feet from stumbling,
- You are my fortress and refuge in time of trouble,
- Your faithfulness and marvellous deeds,
- Your act of power and surpassing greatness,
- Dispersing spiritual blindness from my spirit,
- Lifting me out of the depths,
- Preserving me and keeping my feet from slipping,
- Your name is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he is safe.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.