Topic: Your Sun Will Rise Again [Open Heavens for Teens 4 September 2020]
Memorise: And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border. – Jeremiah 31:17
Bible Reading: Judges 16:16-22
- And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;
- That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for l have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb: if l be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.
- And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath showed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.
- And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.
- And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.
- But the Philistines took him, and put out his eyes, and brought him down to Gaza, and bound him with fetters of brass; and he did grind in the prison house.
- Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.
Bible Reading In One Year: Proverbs 5-6; 1 Corinthians 14:1-40
Samson was a very special person before God. In fact, his birth was announced to his mother by an angel and right from the womb, he was filled with the Holy Ghost. However, Samson had a problem. He found it very difficult to abide by rules. He broke all the rules that surrounded his Nazarite consecration. He was not to touch a corpse, but he took and ate honey from the carcass of a lion. He was to abstain from wine but he took wine. He was expected to be pure but he slept with harlots. All the while, God was watching him, but He was silent.
Samson made the mistake of marrying Delilah who then discovered the source of his strength and told it to his enemies; the Philistines. Samson was captured and became an entertainment to them. Well, God could have left Samson like that but his hair started to grow and then his strength returned and the number of those that died along with him was far greater than those that he ever killed. You will not die like Samson in Jesus name. Whatever is keeping you down right now, whether sickness, failure, bedwetting, I decree your rise from it today in the name that is above every other name.
Father, let my sun rise and never go down in Jesus’ name.
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.