Topic: What’s More Important? [Open Heavens for Teens 3 July 2020]
Memorise: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
Bible Reading: Exodus 33:18-23
- And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
- And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
- And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
- And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
- And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
- And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
Bible Reading In One Year: Job 26-28, Acts 11:1-30
Moses was one of God’s favourites. He was someone set apart for the master’s use. After 40 years of walking with God, the Lord asked him to request for something special. Moses asked that God should show him His glory. When Moses saw a glimpse of Gods back side, his face began to glow like the sun. Joshua saw him and ran away in tear. Then Moses realised that for him to relate with humans, he had to cover his face with a veil. The glory of God is what makes the difference in a mans life. When you catch a glimpse of God’s glory, unpleasant situations, failure and your enemies will flee from you.
When you look through the scriptures, you will find that the wise do not pursue earthly things. Wise men know that earthly things do not have eternal value. They understand that pursuing earthly things can be equated to pursuing shadows. They know that running after God is the real substance, and when they catch the substance, the shadow will automatically follow. Beloved, this age you are in is the best time to pursue God. Study the Bible. Pray often and fervently seek the Holy spirit. Hunger and thirst to know more of Him. Make God your focus, and all the good things of life will come to you.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God.
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.